Claims for your
auto, home, business or boat should be reported to your agent
as soon as possible.
1. Accident or property loss occurs.
2. Customer telephones agent.
3. Agent reports claim.
4. Claims Office assigns the claim to Claims Professional.
5. Claims Professional (CP) receives the assignment, contacts customer and
performs the following activities:
- Explains claims process
- Completes any required claims investigation or
- Establishes amount of claim damages
- Authorizes payment
For these types of claims it is a good idea to:
Your agent may refer you to a pre-approved repair facility, an expedited
glass replacement company, or even arrange for towing or a rental car for
you while your car is being repaired (depending on your coverages, of
- Write down the names of all persons involved, including witnesses and
their addresses and phone numbers
- Write down the circumstances of the claim
- Get the name of the insurance company (and agent if available) for
anyone else involved in the claim
Even though you never plan on having a claim, there are a few steps you can
take in advance which will assist in the settlement of the claim.
- Keep purchase records on major household items, electronics,
automobile equipment and any unusual items.
- Establish an inventory of your possessions and update the inventory
- If possible, videotape possessions or take photos with written
documentation and keep in a secure place (safety deposit box, safe,
- Keep maintenance records on automobiles, boats and any household items
under warranty to document ownership and value.
- Be prepared to provide the Claims Representative copies of documents.
When disaster strikes, you need a claims center that knows how to handle
your special needs. As a recognized claims reporting leader, Farmers
Insurance Group® gets you back where you belong when you need it most.
In the case of a flood, tornado, earthquake, fire, storm or any other
event that severely damages your property, contact your Farmers
Agent immediately. In the event that you're unable to reach your agent,
the National Catastrophe Claims Center is available 24 hours a day, seven
days a week and 365 days a year to assist you with claims reporting and
processing. The office can be reached at:
Farmers Insurance Group® National
Catastrophe Claims Post Office Box 2968 Shawnee
Mission, Kansas 66201-1368 1-888-344-4343 (Toll Free)
Claims are handled on a priority basis. If your home is uninhabitable,
call the National Catastrophe Center immediately. Claims Representatives are
on duty to assist you.
Please take the necessary steps to prevent further damage to your
property by way of temporary repairs. Photograph any property that is
removed from your premises and keep any records or receipts of the expenses
that you have incurred. This information will be requested by your Claims
For non-disaster related claims involving your automobile, property or
business, during normal business hours, call your Farmers Agent to report the claim. For claims customer service after normal
business hours, weekends and holidays, call toll-free 1-888-516-5656.
We have customer service representatives available to assist you.
Your Claim Online